Haters
This, among other things, was yelled at me by an uninvited person at my home around 10pm one Sunday evening...
"Do you know how many haters you have!?"
I've been thinking about that for a while now. But first, I'll tell you my immediate response; I laughed and said, "I don't live my life about haters."
This person drove about 15 kilometers to yell at me, they were visibly shaking and pacing around nervously the whole time. They had been stewing I guess, and felt impelled to just come over to try to release themselves from it by giving it to me. Funnily enough, I had just come up from the beach to gather some things, and was sitting sideways on the ATV when they arrived. Looking straight into their eyes, unmoved, I was not intimidated. You can try to intimidate me, but all I'll feel is a sense of pity for you.
Haters. There are a lot of them, people who have hate in their hearts thinking it's about others and not a direct correlation with their own inner demons. I trigger people somehow, people who feel the need to go out of their way to cause upheaval simply because their own lives aren't fulfilling enough - It's been like that most of my life, people mad because I bother them simply by existing, and it's tiresome at this point. These folks figure they're showing some sort of strength, but in reality, it's utter weakness; deep down they know it, and they know that I know it.
If you know me, you know that I'm a content person for the most part, which some consider to be stupidity, but I take no prisoners when it comes to injustice - and I don't have to do anything about it, other than simply state the obvious and leave in silence.
Except, this time, I could not leave because I was on my own property. So I sat there, in silence, witnessing this person deflate with their own misguided energy. I watched them skulk away, and went back to gathering firewood and blankets for the more joyful people around the bonfire at the beach.
What strikes me most about this interaction was the intense calm that had enveloped my whole being just prior to and during the encounter. In previous occasions, when people tried to intimidate me, it took effort to force myself out from developing rage - I would seethe but allowed myself to regain composure to deal with the situation. This was different, there was no sign of rage at all, there was no inner turmoil to feel through - that calm was a premonition about what was coming for me.
I expect that was the last time I'll have to deal with a hater, and there are many of them I hear. The reason is this: I know who I am. It doesn't mean that people won't still try to cause upheaval, but that's their issue because they don't know who they are. I know now I've mastered something that has taken lifetimes to understand <3
Comments
Post a Comment